Aakash M. Patel helps business owners learn, connect and grow in the community.
Entrepreneur Aakash Patel is the founder of Elevate, Inc., a Florida-based strategic business consulting firm providing public relations, community relations, targeted networking and social media. Established in 2012, Elevate, Inc. has served about 200 companies by making significant connections and achieving results. Patel is a Florida State University graduate, master networker and community leader.
Prior to launching Elevate, Inc., he worked as an editorial assistant for the Tampa Bay Times Tallahassee Bureau and as the Public Relations Coordinator for the Westin Tampa Bay hotel and Aqua restaurant. He was the founding business development director for Chamber.com (a worldwide business networking website launched in 2010 with 5 members that has grown to more than 1.5 million members).
With a robust background of life and business experience, Aakash has maintained his focus on leadership, community, military, life-long learning, and networking/connecting. His opinion columns have appeared in the Tampa Bay Times and other publications, and he was featured in Forbes magazine as a rising millennial entrepreneur.
Professional highlights include:
LEADERSHIP & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT:
- Florida Governor Rick Scott’s two-time appointment to Early Learning Coalition of Hillsborough County, and Florida’s Early Learning Advisory Council (ELAC), and Chairman of the Early Learning Coalition of Hillsborough County
- Seminole Torchbearer Board of Directors
- Philanthropy Chair, Centre Club Tampa
- Gasparilla Film Festival Advisory Board member
- Investor, Tampa Economic Development Corp.
- Board of Directors, Tampa Bay Chamber
- Honorary Commander to the 6th Air Mobility Wing Director of Staff
- Graduate of the National Security Forum, held at the Air Force War College
- Honorary Host Committee for the 2014 Indian International Film Academy (IIFA) Awards
- Youngest member, College Football Championship Host Committee 2017
- Ran a community-focused, positive, well-funded race for the Hillsborough County Commissioner District 7 seat in 2018
- Member, Superbowl LV Host Committee (2021)
- Advisory Board Member, Visit Tampa Bay
- Board Member, Tampa Club
- Secretary, Leadership Tampa Bay Board
COURSES & PROGRAMS COMPLETED:
RECOGNITION & AWARDS:
- Florida State University Alumni Association top “Thirty Under 30”
- Cited as one of Tampa Bay’s Up & Comers by the Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Featured as a “Rising Star” by the Tampa Bay Times
- Recognized in the Tampa Bay Business Journal as “Tampa’s Master Networker”
- Recognized by Tampa Bay Metro as the “Face of Connectivity” five straight years
- Deanne Dewey Roberts Emerging Leader Award, Tampa Bay Chamber
- Top 10 Under 40 in South Tampa Magazine
- Awarded the Milton S. Carothers Ethical Courage Award for his Student Government leadership
- Highlighted as a 2019 Weekly Conversation in the Tampa Bay Times
- Selected for 20 Questions in Tampa Bay Business & Wealth Magazine
- 2018 Hindu-American Foundation’s Leader of the Year Award
- 2019 Indo-US Chamber Businessman of the Year
- 2017, 2019 South Tampa Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year semi-finalist