As an HR professional, your hiring game has to be strong. A portion of a strong hiring game, is to make sure that your consents and disclosures are legal and within the realm of what the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) defines as compliant.
Here are 6 quick tips to add to your checklist:
- Collect a written consent.
- Do not use release language that is legally NOT permissible.
- Combine your release and disclosure, within your application, or combine other releases and notices that are non-related.
- Maintain a copy of disclosure/authorization required by state and federal regulation.
- Have Screening Agency (CRA) listed, with their address and toll-free number on the disclosure. This allows applicants to contact them for disputes and/or copy of report.
- Provide proper disclosures.
- Provide written notices to applicants.
MBI Worldwide is a background checks and drug screening company. They are accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) and adhere to strict standards and best practices to offer companies the safest hiring management solutions and compliant employee screening.
Categorized in: Work
This post was written by Elevate, Inc.